HELP [please click on a link below to learn more*NOTE* the cursor doesn't change to a hand when hovering over the links]
- To Sell on eWreckers™, you must have a Seller's Account, this is different to Member Account. A Member Account is for users that want to buy only, .
- To become a Seller, click the "Start Selling" button in the user menu (the user menu will only show up after you have logged in as a member)
Tips to help you sell quicker
- Have a photo with your listing, one image is worth a thousand words, we let you post one free photo.
- Make sure the photo is clear.
- Ensure the item is clean, the better the item looks, the more chances you have of selling.
- Be reasonable with postage charges, use Australia Post's shipping calculator to determine the shipping cost.
- Be reasonable with the price you put on the item, and check similar items for reference.
To buy you only need to register as a Member, once you have confirmed your email, log in and start searching.
- *If you see an item that you want, click the "Buy Now" button, you will need to confirm the purchase, once confirmed, an email will be sent to you with the purchase details. *Note*- The "Buy Now" button will only be visible if you are logged in.
Search or Browse
If you are not sure what you're looking for or just want to see the range of parts available for a particular vehicle or a machine, click "Browse".
- Browse By Category-To browse by category, just click on the category you wish to browse, the number next to each category shows the number of items within the category
- Browse By Keywords-To browse by keywords, just click on the Keyword you wish to browse, the bigger the letters, the more keywords it contains
- Browse By Make-To browse by make, just click on the Make link to see all the parts available for the Make regardless of the Model
- Searching- If you know what you want you may search for it by refining your search. eWreckers™ search engine lets you search by Part category and Make and Model, simply go to the search area [home page] select the appropriate "Radio button" to tell the system whether you are looking for a Part or Complete item and select the relevant categories to your search. You may refine the search further by entering some keywords that describe the item you are searching for.
Bulk Listing feature lets you list more then one item simultaneously, below are the steps to Bulk Listing.
Single Item Listing
To list one item at a time, just click the "Add Item"link, select the "Item Type" whether a Part or a Complete Item, and follow the drop menus in the user friendly form. The Title field is the name of your item eg Carburetor, Door handle, etc.. Select a category the item you're selling belongs to, for instance, if you're selling a Carburetor that belongs to a Car, select the "Cars and Passenger Vehicles" category, the Make field will then pop up, select the make the Carburetor belongs to, once a Make is selected, the Model drop menu will show, select a Model from the list showing.
NOTE* If either the Make or Model don't show in the list, select "Other" to type in the Make and/or the Model you need
- If you know the part number, you may enter it in the Part Number Field, otherwise leave blank.
- Next, select the Part Category the Carburetor belongs to, in this case it will be "Carburetors& Fuel Delivery" Describe the item in the "Description" field, fill in the Price and Postage cost and upload a photo if you have one by clicking the "Browse" button to browse to the location of the photo on your computer, once selected, click the "Upload" button, to upload the photo onto the system
- Use the "keywords" field to add Keywords to the listing [to learn more about "Keywords" see FAQ]
- Click Yes to bold, if you want your listing to show in bold letters [fee applied ] or No, if you don't want it bold
- Next, click the "Preview" button to preview your listing prior to submission, this will give you the option to see what your listing will look like and to make any changes prior to submission, once you're happy with the information in the ad, click "List Item" button, and your item will be uploaded onto the system
Wanted Items-Searching, Listing and Offering
Wanted items is a feature you can use to let other users know what you are looking for in case it's not listed
- There are two ways to list a wanted item, when you conduct a normal search from the home page, at the end of the search results, if you used any of the drop menus during a search, those selections should be remembered in the Wanted Item listing form, so you don't have to select them again, fill in the description of what you want, with as much details as possible, and click submit, once submitted, an email is automatically sent to all the sellers on eWreckers to notify them of what you're looking for and if any of them has the part, they will contact you with a price, if it suits you, you may purchase it, if it doesn't, you may want to see if anyone else contacts you with a better deal. you can also track it in the "Wanted Items" Under"My Items". ANOTHER WAY TO LIST A WANTED ITEM:is to click the "Add wanted item" button in the user menu, the same listing form will then open. we recommend that you do a search first as the part you are looking for may be already listed
- Search Wanted Items-To search for Wanted Items, click the radio button next to "Wanted Items" in the search area and select the relevant drop menus to refine the search. Or just click "Search" to see all parts. This is very useful if you're having parts for a particular Automotive, or machine, and you want to check if anyone is looking for those parts.
- Offering a wanted item in order to offer the parts to a member you must first list the parts you are offering once listed, you can offer the parts to the user that listed the wanted part. To offer the part, go into the Wanted item listing you wish to offer and at the bottom of the page there'll be a drop menu of the parts you are selling, select the part you wish to offer from the menu and click "Send", the user that requested the part will be sent an email to notify them of this and the rest is up to them. Alternatively, whenever someone lists an item, our system checks the "Wanted Items" listings and if a part is found to match a wanted item listing, the user that listed the "Wanted Item" ad will be getting an email notification that someone listed a part they are looking for.
Invoicing and Payments
- How we invoice- At the end of each month, you will receive an invoice from us emailed to you as a PDF document, the invoice will contain an itemised list of your activity, and any payable components you were using, including payable commission from items you've sold.
- How to pay your invoice-On the invoice we give you a few options to pay
- Pay using a Credit Card- Click the Credit Card link on the invoice, this should re-direct you to a St George payment page, enter your Credit Card details as shown, your Invoice Number, paying in this way is secured with St George SSL server
- Paying with Direct Deposit -If you wish to pay your invoice with Direct Deposit option, you can do so by either using internet banking or physically going to your bank, either way you choose, we've provided our bank account details on the invoice.
- Paying by cheque-If you wish to pay by Cheque, please make the cheque out to eWreckers™ and send it to PO Box*** Bellingen NSW 2454 Australia.
How to use the "Filters"
- Each search result has a filtering option at the top of the page, the filters show your selections for refining the search, depending on which of the drop menus you've selected. Below are the different options for filtering your results
- Filter by "New and Used"- you can filter the search results by New, Used Or Both. If you select filter by New, the results will only show new items. If you select "Filter by used" the results will only show used items and "New and Used" will show both.
- Filter by number-You can select how many search items you want to see per page, you can choose to have 10,25,50,or100 results per page
What Are the Confirmation Links?Confirmation Links are the links within the "Status" box next to an item Bought or Sold. With those links you confirm that a step in a transaction has been complete. To see the links hover the mouse over "My Items" the menu will expand, select Items Bought or Items Sold. If you sold an item, it will show in the Sold Items folder, look in the Status box to check the stage the transaction is in.
How to use the Confirmation Links-After buying or selling an item, the item will get indexed in "My Items" respectively, so a sold item will be indexed in the "Sold Items" folder etc'. Next to each item sold or bought, there will be a link highlighted in blue in the "Status" box, click the link to confirm that the action required for that particular transaction has been completed.
Once you click the link , an email will be sent to the other party to inform them of this ,so for example, if you paid for an item you bought, click the "Payment Made" link, an email will be sent to the seller advising them that you have paid for the item, and that they should check it and confirm "Payment Received", the buyer then gets sent an email advising them that the payment has been received. The seller then sends the item to you, and he or she will click the "Item Sent". The Buyer then gets an email telling them that their item has been posted out to them. Once the buyer receives the item, they will click the "Item Received" link and the Feedback link will then show which will be the last step for that transaction
You can also check the FAQ for more help and answers
How to leave Feedback.
- There are two ways in which you can leave a Feedback. One is to confirm completion of all the appropriate steps of your transactions, [See "Confirmation Links above]Click the link"Feedback" and choose the type of feedback you wish to give with some text[up to 80 characters] to describe your experience with the user, once finished, click submit
- Another way to leave a Feedback is by clicking the "Feedback" link next to a "Bought Item"or "Sold Item"listing situated in the "Bought" and "Sold" items folder in "My Items" ...